Here are the rules I’ve gathered from being on the road in Peru (thankfully never in the drivers seat):
•the double white lines in the middle of the road are more of a guide line.
• if someone in front is driving too slow for your liking, put on the full beams to blind them.
• breaking before corners is frowned upon.
• it is important to beep your horn at every intersection, other cars and pedestrians.
• in no circumstance should you slow down when going over a bump or pothole.
• if you want to overtake make sure you wait until you’re going round a corner.
I am curious, yet scared to look at Peruvian car accident statistics.
Leave a Reply